Sunday, July 8, 2012

"Wherefore he saith, Awake thou that sleepest, and arise from the dead, and Christ shall give thee light." -- Ephesians 5:14 (KJV)

I have been getting so many raindrops lately, but I will try to stick to one for today.  I had a wonderful sixth grade science teacher.  When we didn't believe that white reflects all light and that it absorbed no color, she took a slide projector (yes, I was in sixth grade while the dinosaurs still roamed the earth!!) and added slides of true color from the rainbow.  The more she added, the darker and murkier the color on the screen became, and we thought we were right.  When she added that last slide, the screen went completely white.  I will remember for a long time that white is actually the reflection of all color/light and black is the absence of color/light.

It is that way with our sins:  the more we add, the murkier our lives become.  We are reflecting no light.  Then Christ, upon our confession and request, adds His pure red blood, and suddenly we are white as snow, because we reflect ALL Light, THE Light!!  Christ Jesus is the Light, and when the Father looks at us, all He sees is His Son.  John put it this way in 1 John 1:7, "But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin." 

The Ephesians verse at the top is my prayer for my loved one today!!  I can hardly wait until this person reflects the Light that is Christ!!  I have been promised, and God keeps all of His promises!!!  What a wonderful raindrop!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment