Thursday, July 26, 2012

God amazes me and makes me smile and laugh!!

After what I wrote about worrying about not having done enough for my lost loved one, I read the following from Jack Hayford's book, Penetrating the Darkness (p. 178):  "...many of us fear what we do is not enough.  And let me say here:  you are right.  It will never be enough; because neither the invitation nor the response is based in works.  They are both based in grace."  Then he quotes Ephesians 2:8-10, which says, "For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:  Not of works, lest any man should boast.He was talking of God's invitation to pray and share in the work of His kingdom.  Later on the same page, he wrote, "Everything has been provided for us by grace; everything has been won for us on the cross of Jesus Christ--our salvation, and the good works God invites us to walk in.  So it may never 'be enough,' but it also 'counts.'" 

I needed to read that!!!  No, what I did was not enough, but it does not have to be; but God is enough!! 

Thank You, Lord, for placing this in my life at this time!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment