Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Ezekiel!!!

I had a great raindrop this morning!!  I am studying about the book of Ezekiel, and so many times in the book, God tells through Ezekiel how He will bring judgment on Israel for their sin.  He says that after He performs His judgment on them, they will know that He is the Lord. 

That is what my lost loved one needs:  to KNOW that God is the LORD!!  God needs to be first in that life, just like He desires to be first in all of our lives. 

Then, after all the judgment stuff, the Lord describes what He will finally do in their lives.  In chapter 36, verses 22-29a, 33-35, the Word says, “Therefore say unto the house of Israel, Thus saith the Lord GOD; I do not this for your sakes, O house of Israel, but for mine holy name’s sake, which ye have profaned among the heathen, whither ye went.  And I will sanctify my great name, which was profaned among the heathen, which ye have profaned in the midst of them; and the heathen shall know that I am the LORD, saith the Lord GOD, when I shall be sanctified in you before their eyes.  For I will take you from among the heathen, and gather you out of all countries, and will bring you into your own land.  Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean:  from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you.  A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you:  and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.  And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.  And ye shall dwell in the land that I gave to your fathers; and ye shall be my people, and I will be your God.  I will also save you from all your uncleannesses. . . .  In the day that I shall have cleansed you from all your iniquities I will also cause you to dwell in the cities, and the wastes shall be builded.  And the desolate land shall be tilled, whereas it lay desolate in the sight of all that passed by.  And they shall say, This land that was desolate is become like the garden of Eden; and the waste and desolate and ruined cities are become fenced, and are inhabited.” 

Now I know that this is Old Testament written to Israel specifically, but Romans 15:4 says, “For whatsoever things were written aforetime were written for our learning, that we through patience and comfort of the scriptures might have hope.”  That gives me so much hope and makes me want to “WOOHOO!!!”  1 Thessalonians 5:24 says, “Faithful is he that calleth you, who also will do it.”   

Also, remember that 2 Timothy 2:13 says, “If we believe not, yet he abideth faithful:  he cannot deny himself.”  He will keep His promises simply because that is Who He is!!!  In the Ezekiel passage, He said He would do all of that for His name’s sake.  2 Timothy supports that:  He cannot deny Himself!!  He will save my loved one, because He has promised, but through that He will be known among the sinners that witnessed the sin in my loved one’s life.  This person was a testimony of sin but will be a testimony for the sake of God’s name!!   

I can hardly wait!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment