Thursday, July 19, 2012

We will KNOW Him by Name!!!

Raindrop—When the Lord is done working in our situations, we will know Him by name!!!  Now I know the Lord by name, but then I will really know Him more personally through what He will have done for me.  Through His deeds, the Lord revealed Himself to His people in the Old Testament:  Abraham, Sarah, Gideon, Jacob, etc.  He revealed Hmself as Saviour in the New Testament.  I am honored that He is revealing Himself to me through His deeds, even though my trial is painful and not what I would have chosen!!  I am so glad He is revealing Himself to me!!

In Exodus 6:2-4, the Word says, “And God spake unto Moses, and said unto him, I am the LORD: And I appeared unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob, by the name of God Almighty, but by my name JEHOVAH was I not known to them.  And I have also established my covenant with them, to give them the land of Canaan, the land of their pilgrimage, wherein they were strangers.  And I have also heard the groaning of the children of Israel, whom the Egyptians keep in bondage; and I have remembered my covenant.”  Then the Lord tells them what He is about to do.  You should read it!!  It is awesome!!  It is time to “walk the land,” as we talked about ion Wednesday, July 11, 2012. 

Then we come to Exodus 15:1-3 and 11, which says, “Then sang Moses and the children of Israel this song unto the LORD, and spake, saying, I will sing unto the LORD, for he hath triumphed gloriously: the horse and his rider hath he thrown into the sea.  The LORD is my strength and song, and he is become my salvation:  he is my God, and I will prepare him an habitation; my father's God, and I will exalt him.  The LORD is a man of war: the LORD is his name.  Who is like unto thee, O LORD, among the gods? who is like thee, glorious in holiness, fearful in praises, doing wonders?”  They were praising Him as Lord, because they finally really knew Him by this name, just as He said they would know Him through the mighty deeds He had done for them.  God did just as He had promised!!! 

He does that for us!!  He hears our groanings and remembers His promises to us (not like He ever really forgot them!), and He does His work!  Then we know Him better!!!  He is Yahweh, the LORD!!  He is El Shaddai, God Almighty, and He will show Himself strong in our situations!!  I can hardly wait for my Exodus chapter 15!!  I just hope I do not mess it up and have to wander in the wilderness for 40 years!!  Perhaps it is time to “groan” to Him some more!!!    

No comments:

Post a Comment