Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Walking the Land

I received a HUGE raindrop when Pastor Bond preached about “walking the land.”

In Genesis 13:14-15, 17-18, the Bible says, “And the LORD said unto Abram, after that Lot was separated from him, lift up now thine eyes, and look from the place where thou art northward, and southward, and eastward, and westward:  For all the land which thou seest, to thee will I give it, and to thy seed for ever.  Arise, walk through the land in the length of it and in the breadth of it; for I will give it unto thee.  Then Abram removed his tent, and came and dwelt in the plain of Mamre, which is in Hebron, and built there and altar unto the LORD.”   Would it not be wise to be like Abram and just “pick up our tents” and go where and do what God tells us when He tells us?

God promised Abram all the land he could see.  He just told him he had to see it and walk it.  He has promised me the soul of my loved one.  After all, He dwells in eternity and knows what happens in the future, because He is already there.  He is omnipresent, present everywhere in all TIME and place!!  Isaiah 57:15a says, “For thus saith the high and lofty One that inhabiteth eternity”.  All I have to do is see it and walk it!! 

Isn’t that wonderful?  I have to see it, which is the definition of faith found in Hebrews 11:1:  “Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.”  Then I have to walk it.  2 Corinthians 5:7 says, “(For we walk by faith, not by sight:)”.  (Yes, there is actually a little smiley face in the Bible at the end of this verse!!  Is that not wonderful?!?!?!?)

So, I practice “seeing” what God has promised as being done already.  I pray for God to accomplish His promise to me in the way He knows will work best and invite Him to do His work in my loved one’s life.  Then I try to “walk” the land, living there as if the promise is already accomplished, not with a sad countenance reflecting life now, and not overwhelmed with the task, because it not my task to complete; it is God’s, but with a happy face in full assurance that what God has said, HE WILL DO!!!   (I am smiling right now and feel like shouting a great big, “WOOHOO!!!!) 

No comments:

Post a Comment