Tuesday, July 10, 2012

2 Timothy 2:13 says, "If we believe not, yet he abideth faithful: he cannot deny himself."  

Even when we do not believe, it does not change Who God is or what He has promised!!  There is nothing we can do to change Him!!  He is faithful, even when we have little or no faith.  He cannot deny Himself anything He has said or anything about Who He is.  

To build your faith, read the Word of God.  The Bible is our clues to Who God really is.  Romans 10:17 says, "So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God."  And since Jesus is the Word, reading His Word reveals the Lord to us, which builds our faith!! 

I love how this all works!! 

Today as I was praying, I realized that God was answering a prayer that I pray quite often:  "Lord, help mine unbelief."  (Mark 9:24)  He is helping my faith to be stronger.  I am thankful!!!  It is such a comfort to simply trust!!!  Louisa Stead must have understood this as she wrote the lyrics to "'Tis So Sweet to Trust in Jesus."

"Tis so sweet to trust in Jesus,
And to take Him at His Word;
Just to rest upon His promise,
And to know, “Thus says the Lord!”


What faith!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment