Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Today's raindrop is one that has been important to me since last September. 

Deuteronomy 33:26-27 says, "There is none like unto the God of Jeshurun, who rideth upon the heaven in thy help, and in his excellency on the sky.  The eternal God is thy refuge, and underneath are the everlasting arms:  and he shall thrust out the enemy from before thee; and shall say, Destroy them."  The God of Israel is just hovering, waiting to help us when we ask!!!  That blessed me, but the last part has become so important.  Let me tell you why!

I had probably read this scripture at least six times, but it was just another verse to me.  That is, until my birthday last year.  A friend of mine sent me these verses with a poem.  At first, I thought it was just a sweet gesture.  I thanked her, and she told me her story.  She is a nurse, and one morning before work, she had read these verses along with the poem for her devotional and on the way to work sang the old hymn, "Leaning on the Everlasting Arms."  During her day, a minister had come to pray for one of her patients.  She was about to leave the room to allow them privacy for the prayer when he asked her to stay.  During his prayer, he prayed, "And, Lord, help Shelia know she is in your everlasting arms."  The fact that God orchestrated those reminders was awesome in and of itself! 

A few days later, another friend of mine was going through the struggle of her life on a road to emotional recovery and was told she needed to rest in the Lord.  She started searching the scriptures to find how to do that and texted me what she found.  She found Deuteronomy 33:26-27!! 

Then the first friend sent me a youtube of a song which ended with this verse being printed over the video at the end. 

The final action that made me take notice that these verses were raindrops from God was when I picked up my Beth Moore's Praying God's Word to find scripture prayers to pray about overcoming the enemy.  The second prayer was based on...  you guessed it:  Deuteronomy 33:26-27!!!!   You see?  I had been fighting an intense spiritual battle, not only for myself, but also standing in the gap for someone I love dearly, who was and is being pursued heavily by the enemy of our souls.  I became overwhelmed!!!  It was such a precious promise that God was going to "thrust out the enemy from before" us and say, "Destroy them!"   He said it!!   I believe it!!!  I can hardly wait for it to be fulfilled!!! 

This battle is still not over, and Raindrops is the way I share the reminders God gives me from time to time that He is working and fulfilling His promises to me that my loved one will be ok in Him.  I hope they encourage you in your battle!!!  He WILL "thrust out the enemy from before" us "and shall say, Destroy them"!

No comments:

Post a Comment