Monday, June 4, 2012

I have a habit started about a year and a half ago where I read at least one verse of scripture before bed and when I get up in the morning most every day, a habit suggested by my pastor in a sermon.  This morning, I couldn't stop reading with one verse, and I found a RAINDROP!  Matthew 8:23-27 says, "And when he was entered into a ship, his disciples followed him.  And, behold, there arose a great tempest in the sea, insomuch that the ship was covered with the waves:  but he was asleepAnd his disciples came to him, and awoke him, saying, Lord, save us:  we perish.   And he saith unto them, Why are ye fearful, O ye of little faith?  Then he arose, and rebuked the winds and the sea; and there was a great calm.  But the men marvelled, saying, What manner of man is this, that even the winds and the sea obey him!"  From their reaction to how Jesus handled the storm, they were not awakening Him for a miracle but probably for help in dipping the water out of the boat or some other physical help, for help in the way they understood.  When He stopped the storm, they were shocked. 

I think we do this:  we ask the Lord for help in ways that we think we need help, when all along God is really able to work a miracle we may not understand.  He Who knows the future because that He is not limited by time, knows the best solution to our situations.  Perhaps it would be better to ask Him to do with our situation whatever He knows is best, rather than trying to tell God in prayer what we need Him to do. 

This is a lesson I am just now really learning.  It is my faith-builder for today!!!  I can trust God to know what is best for me and my life!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment