Friday, June 8, 2012

Raindrops come to me from different sources.  Mostly they are directly from God's Word given to me by our pastor, friends, on-line, or verses I read in the morning or night or while I eat breakfast.  Exodus 33:17 came to me through a friend, and it says, "And the LORD said unto Moses, I will do this thing also that thou hast spoken:  for thou hast found grace in my sight, and I know thee by name."  It hangs on my refrigerator, because it is a promise to Moses that God would answer His prayer, and I feel that promise extends to me as a child of God. 

The clincher is, though, that I have found grace in God's sight and that He knows me by name.  I know that God knows everyone, but this speaks of a relationship.  Moses spent time with God in His very presence.  We must, too.  Spending time with God not only insures that He hears and answers our prayer, but it is an amazing source of strength and comfort during this battle.  When I am feeling anxious (You know that feeling if you are in a battle.), time with God is the only thing that helps.  Other things may distract me and get my mind off of the battle for a while, but when that distraction is over, the anxiety is back.  Time with God is not like that:  I get a "peace that passes all understanding," and when the prayer time is over, the peace stays. 

In addition to this peace, we know that our Father will hear and answer our prayers!!   I can hardly wait!!!!  This battle will be over in a victorious win!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment