Friday, November 16, 2012

"Remember ye not the former things, neither consider the things of old.  Behold, I will do a new thing; now it shall spring forth; shall ye not know it?" -- Isaiah 43:18-19a

This raindrop gives hope, promise, excitement, a looking forward, an expectation.  I am expecting something new and wonderful!!!  God promises!!  And He promised we will know it!! 

This promise does come with instructions, though.  We are not to remember the former things nor even consider them.  We are not to think on the past, but look forward to what God is going to do!! 

Lately, I have been hearing people say they wish they could see things spiritually that has been seen in the past:  the blue haze, the fire coming from the roofs of buildings that were not burning, etc.  I, too, would LOVE to see these things!!  I LOVE moves of God, but today I am thinking this attitude may be limiting God!!  Yes, those would be wonderful to see, but God will do a new thing, a thing that is what we need and will affect us and others for good.  What was good for the past may not be good for the future or for now.  Because He is omniscient, He knows!! 

I wonder in what areas these new things will be!  Blessings?  How people come to know God?  How people are called to salvation?  How people are called to minister?  How the church will be called on to serve?  How things happen in the world?  How things happen in the atmosphere?  How He provides for His children?  How He ministers to His children?  The possibilities are numerous!! 

I am looking forward to "knowing" God's new activities!!  In the meantime, I will try to practice not dwelling on the past, but looking forward more!!

No comments:

Post a Comment