Tuesday, November 6, 2012

". . . the gates of hell shall not prevail against it."  (Matthew 16:18)  The words of Jesus regarding His church gave me comfort when I read it in the context of Jack Hayford's commentary in his book, Penetrating the Darkness.  He said, "If we move in prayer, 'warring' in the spiritual realm, where the outcome will be decided, He has already established His Kingdom victory, and given His Church the keys to now unlock the chains that hold people captive." (p. 106)  This makes me know my prayers for my lost loved one are not only essential, but they are effective.  When I pray for my loved one, I know the victory and redemption have already been provided through Jesus' work on the cross.  Above this on the same page, he wrote that we extend and apply "His victory 'on earth,' as it was achieved on that day when His victory was accomplished 'in heaven.'" 

My omnipotent God will effect victory on earth when I pray!!  Satan cannot win this fight!  Bless the holy Name of the LORD!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment