Wednesday, August 1, 2012

"Fear ye not, neither be afraid:  have not I told thee from that time, and have declared it? ye are even my witnesses.  Is there a God beside me? yea, there is no God; I know not any." -- Isaiah 44:8 

Why is it we fear what will happen in the future?  Really!  Why do we worry, when the God we serve is just that:  the only true God!  There is no God beside Him!  None can compare!  No other is all-powerful!  No other is present in all time and place!  No other god can promise, much less keep that promise.  So..... why do we fear?  Like He said, didn't He tell us from that time?  Didn't He declare it to be so?  Then, as if to seal the deal, He made us His witnesses!!!  It reminds me of that older song that says, "He'll do it again.....  Hasn't He always come through for you?  He's the same now as then."  (Shirley Caesar, as far as I can tell.)   We've witnessed His goodness in action SO MANY times before, and the promises He's made to me WILL come true.  I can take it to the bank and borrow against it!!  That is true faith!!   

"God is not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent: hath he said, and shall he not do it? or hath he spoken, and shall he not make it good?" (Numbers 23:19).  The answer is that He WILL do what He has said, and He WILL make good what He has spoken!!  Just you wait and see!!!  I can hardly wait 'til my faith shall be sight.

No comments:

Post a Comment