Monday, August 6, 2012

"Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ". -- Philippians 1:6

Sometimes things happen or things are said that remind me of the depravity of my lost loved one, the deception in that life, but the Word is clear that I can be confident that God will complete the work!  This morning, I had a moment where I cried.  I mourn the loss of what things could be right now.  I mourn the loss of dreams.  I mourn the loss of true and complete fellowship.  I mourn the loss of ministry.  Then I had to turn around and apologize to the Lord for my lapse of faith.  Now, don't get me wrong:  grieving is not a sin; it is a God-created way of dealing with loss, but this particular instance was seated in a lapse of faith, a momentary pity party in the natural.  I do mourn the loss, but I have to stop and smile when I remember that God has this and is working.  He promised that if I would release this person to Him, that He would work His work, and I believe Him.  It makes me smile!!! 

1 Thessalonians 5:23-24 says, "And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.  Faithful is he that calleth you, who also will do it."  This is a great prayer to pray for a lost loved one, so do you want to stop and pray this right now?  "God, You are Jehovah Shalom, the Lord our Peace, and I am asking You to sanctify ______ wholly, completely; and I pray, God, that his/her whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ!!!  Lord, You are faithful!  You have called ______, and You will also do it!!   I thank You for these promises!!  I thank You that You are Faithful!!  I thank You for raindrops!!  You are amazing!!  Praise Your holy Name!!!!  Amen!!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment