Friday, September 14, 2012

God and I had a good time this morning.  I was recently reminded of a really old song, and I sat down to see if I could remember how to play it.  I got to singing the words, and the presence of the LORD filled my space, and it was wonderful!!!  The words of the song touched me and reminded me to "Praise the Lord."  I believe Dallas Holm wrote the words:

When you're up against a struggle
That shatters all your dreams,
And your hope has been cruelly crushed
By Satan's manifesting scheme,
And you feel the urge within you
To submit to earthly fears.
Don't let the faith you're standing in seem to disappear.

(Chorus) Praise the Lord!
He can work with those who praise Him.
Praise the Lord!!
For our God inhabits praise,
Praise the Lord!!!
For the chains that seem to bind you
Serve only to remind you that they drop powerless behind you
When you praise Him!

Now satan is a liar,
And he wants to make us think
That we are paupers,
When he knows himself
We're children of the King.
So lift up the mighty shield of faith,
For the battle has been won!!!
We know that Jesus Christ has risen,
So the work's already done!!!
Aren't those powerful words?

Live like a child of the King!!  Praise Him!!

No comments:

Post a Comment