Friday, February 14, 2014

The Past

My raindrops lately have been such a comfort to me, and an exercise in faith.  I have been thinking a lot about the past, the things that happened with my lost loved one, the things I did or did not do, feeling very accused and responsible (and we know where accusations come from!). 

However, God's Word has a couple of antidotes that keep "coming across my desk." 

The first one is Isaiah 43:18-19; it says, "Remember ye not the former things, neither consider the things of old.  Behold, I will do a new thing;  now it shall spring forth; shall ye not know it?  I will even make a way in the wilderness, and rivers in the desert."  I cannot tell you how many times this verse has popped up, so I memorized it, and God is helping me so much to quote this whenever I am feeling accused!

The second verse, which was sent to me in a scripture exchange, is Philippians 3:13-14; it says, "Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended:  but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus."  I have come a long way in this journey for the salvation of my lost loved one, and God's Word is guiding me all along the way!! 

So, if satan is accusing you of causing the fall of your prodigal, do what Jesus did when He was being tempted by the devil:  quote the Word to him!   It works!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment