Saturday, February 22, 2014

"Our Father"--a fabulous faith-building raindrop!

This morning, I was praying, and I started praying the Lord's Prayer.  I didn't really get past "Our Father!"  (At least not for a while!!) 

I got to thinking about what that is saying, that God is OUR Father, and just who "our" is, so I prayed "Our Father" with faith believing that God is the Father of ALL of my family!!  Then the verse came to me that says, "And if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell:  but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD."  (Joshua 24:15)  Kevin and I have chosen for our home:  WE will serve the LORD, not any other god!

This verse, and the phrase, "Our Father," are statements of faith to me right now.  Not all are serving the Lord, but we WILL ALL serve the Lord!!  Bless His holy Name! 


No comments:

Post a Comment