Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Prayer works!!

I have had three prayers answered, and it has built my faith!! 

A couple of months ago, someone told me about their hours being cut at work, and I began to pray.  This person's second job began giving more hours, and another job came along to help fill in the gaps.  These are not necessarily permanent solutions, but God is showing Himself as Jehovah Jireh to this person and to me!! 

Then, this morning, I received a phone call from a friend whose hours had been cut at work to the point that it was believed the job was about to be lost.  I began to pray, and this morning I was informed that all the hours have been restored!!  The boss is finding nit-picky things to keep my friend busy and working, and I know this is in answer to prayer.  My friend even joked that she needed to talk to me because I have been praying, that she was kind of enjoying the extra hours at home! 

I know I am not the only person praying regarding these two situations, but I might be the only one praying this specific prayer for the next answer, and it helps me know God is listening to MY prayers.  I have been praying in regards to a prodigal, inviting God to work in every moment of that life, day and night.  Last night, I got to talk to this person and was told about something that happened during the previous night that pointed him/her to God!!  God is incredible, and He answers prayer!

He listens and answers your prayers, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment