Thursday, March 28, 2013

My Aunt Billie passed away last Sunday, Palm Sunday. 

What is the raindrop in that?  God was there.  I got to spend the bulk of her last two days with her.  She was in respiratory distress, and she would call me to her bedside to pray.  She and I would pray together, and God would touch her and help her, as she asked Him to do.  Her vitals would improve almost immediately, and she would be calmer.  He honored His Word that says, "Again I say unto you, That if two of you shall agree on earth as touching any thing that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father which is in heaven."  (Matthew 18:19).  He was DEFINITELY "in the midst."  (Matthew 18:20) 

Then Sunday, on Palm Sunday when we remember Jesus' triumphant entry into Jerusalem while the people shouted, "Hosanna," meaning, "Save us," He honored her final request:  to take her to Himself, to save her to the uttermost. 

God proved that He is indeed a "very present help in trouble."  (Psalm 46:1)  I am so grateful that He was there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment