Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Fretting

Lately, I have been fretting, for lack of a better word, about the soul of my lost loved one, but when I do, I hear a voice inside that asks why I am fretting, because God has promised (s)he will not always be lost!   Why, indeed, do I fret?  I either believe God, or I don't, and I DO!!!  So I am striving to live fret-free, because there really is no reason to fret.

The Bible puts it this way in Philippians 4:6:  "Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God". (NKJV)  The next verse is the promise:  "And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus."  That means my sanity, my peace, my contentment, my faith will all be guarded if I do one thing:  pray.  It is the answer to fretting, because fretting is the opposite of faith, and it does not come from God.

This applies to any promise in the Word:  the righteous will not be forsaken nor his children begging for bread; He will not leave or forsake us; if we confess our sins, He will forgive; when we pray, He hears and answers, ALWAYS.  The Word is full of promises that He WILL keep!

"Be anxious for nothing!"  Pray, and trust!!

No comments:

Post a Comment