Tuesday, April 3, 2018

Ants were everywhere!

And there did not seem to be a defined path!

I killed as many as I could with tissues, but I soon realized a few tissues wouldn't do it.

We had one ant bait pod, which we strategically put out, but when I awoke this morning, there were hundreds of ants, so many more than last night. The inside of the pod was solid black from the ants.

I realized one ant bait pod wouldn't be enough, so I made a WalMart run before work and put out two more.

Because things seemed to get worse instead of better, I seriously doubted the pods would be effective, although we have used these pods before with great success. But when I got home from work, I found just two ants. TWO!

Now . . . what does this have to do with raindrops? I realized that although our heavenly Father has come through so many times with great success and His package (Word) promises great success, we sometimes expect to see more problems and little or no progress. We are actually sometimes surprised that He actually does what His Word says He will. Sometimes we try to help with our meager efforts (tissues), but what we really need are more prayer, promises, and praises (pods).

However, it doesn't matter what we either openly or covertly anticipate, God is Faithful, and what He said He will do. "If we are faithless, He remains faithful; He cannot deny Himself" (2 Timothy 2:13).

No comments:

Post a Comment