Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Let me tell you a dream I had a few weeks ago. 

I was driving along a narrow curvy road.  I took a curve going too fast and ran off the road.  There were no trees to catch me, no immediate bottom of the chasm, and my car was going down nose first.  I knew I was about to die, and it hit me hard that I was about to meet Jesus, and I got so excited!!  When I awoke, I was actually a little disappointed that I didn't get to meet Jesus.

I was writing about this to my spiritual mentor, and it hit me what Jeff Lawson said about freefall in a class I was teaching a few weeks ago.  I think when we freefall in our faith, we get to meet Jesus.  I am sure you have given your situation to God so many times, but it is time again, I believe, to let God work, to let God be God, to freefall in your faith regarding your situation.  Invite God to work all the time, but make sure you are not telling God how to work through your prayers.  I still do that so very often in my prayers for my lost loved one, and I get a check in my spirit. 

Only when we freefall in our faith will we see Jesus.  He has this.  God has this.  Do you really trust Him?  It is a place of peace for us that have particular needs and hard situations.  I HAVE to rest in that peace. 

It is a fabulous peace, one that passes all earthly, intelligent understanding.  Philippians 4:6-7 says, "Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.  And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus."

No comments:

Post a Comment